This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tacking function behaves strange
(2024-07-19, 12:04 PM)kniven Wrote: I'm using the B&G WS310 wind sensor on my boat. I aslo had several issues, similar to the OP description, and found an issue in the code last year. After updating the code, the tackong finction now works flawlessly in all modes (wind, true wind, compass). One small detail that could be improved is the (lack of) intuitive change of the heading direction relative to the wind. Currently, I  nearly always miss the direction when i try to change my heading the intended direction (heading setpoint changes in the opposite direction og the intended...). Could be only me...

Hi kniven,  I am in the middle of installing a B&G WS310 wind sensor, using latest version of OpenCPN and OpenPlotter on an RP5 with the MacArthur hat, so basically an all-new system, both hardware and software.  I see incoming traffic on the status led on the mac hat, but cannot get the wind data to display on a dashboard.  So far, I have AIS working, and the autopilot (PyPilot) seems to be working too, though I haven't actually done a sea trial of that.  As I am new to the open source navigation world, I suspect there is something I have yet to do to configure the connection between the nmea0183 port and OpenCPN, but after spending considerable time in Signal K configuration, and in the "Connections" menus on OpenCPN, I am hoping someone on the forum can help me sort this out...  Any thoughts would be most welcome!

(BTW, if this post should be in a different thread, please let me know!)