This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update OpenCNP waypoints between laptop / Pi / Android tablet
Hi all,

Really sorry if this has been covered but I can't seem to find out the info I need to go ahead.
I have installed the latest Openplotter onto a Raspberry Pi 4b 8GB running a 240GB SSD card which is all going great
Have AIS and GPS installed and operational.

I can network into the pi via the onboard wifi card and connect my openCPN on both the tablet and laptop to the signalK to get GPS and AIS data to all units.

I would like to be able to do my routes on the laptop  then have these transfered to the Pi and tablet.

I have found that I need to copy the navobj.xml file between the units, now is were I am running into a simple isse

I can not find were the files are, can anyone give me the location of the files for:
Windows 10
Pi Openplotter buil ( name of pi is still pi not changed )
Android tablet

I also understand there can be a bash script made to do this, anyone out there who can point me in the right direction to get the bash script done to transfer ( sync ) the files just with a push of a button on the desktop?

Sorry all, I know this may have been covered but I am sitting here pulling out what little hair I still have and any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Dave
Try clicking on the "about" question mark icon, the navobj.xml should be in the same folder as the config file.

[Image: w1bZBQU.png]

But there's a much easier way, make sure each device is connected to the openplotter network then start opencpn on each device, then with the mouse over a waypoint or route/track right click & press "send to peer"
This should do a scan & show both the tablet & openplotter, first send there will be a code to enter then the route etc instantly gets send to the other device. Something wrong at the moment trying to send from openplotter but should work from laptop to android/openplotter and from the tablet to laptop/openplotter
(2024-08-18, 09:36 AM)OMG.... Thankyou Wrote: Thanks so much for that information, this is just what I was trying to do, I have tried it and it works spot on. Thanks for the great advice.
Dave

Try clicking on the "about" question mark icon, the navobj.xml should be in the same folder as the config file.

But there's a much easier way, make sure each device is connected to the openplotter network then start opencpn on each device, then with the mouse over a waypoint or route/track right click & press "send to peer"
This should do a scan & show both the tablet & openplotter, first send there will be a code to enter then the route etc instantly gets send to the other device. Something wrong at the moment trying to send from openplotter but should work from laptop to android/openplotter and from the tablet to laptop/openplotter

[quote pid="31209" dateline="1723970216"]

[/quote]
(2024-08-18, 10:15 AM)KiwiDave Wrote:
(2024-08-18, 09:36 AM)OMG.... Thankyou Wrote: Thanks so much for that information, this is just what I was trying to do, I have tried it and it works spot on. Thanks for the great advice.
Dave
Great!  Cool

Can you send to peer from opencpn on the raspberry pi to your laptop or tablet?

Something up with my networks I think, sometimes works on the laptop, sometimes not. Can't track down the problem.  Angry
(2024-08-18, 10:21 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2024-08-18, 10:15 AM)KiwiDave Wrote:
(2024-08-18, 09:36 AM)OMG.... Thankyou Wrote: Thanks so much for that information, this is just what I was trying to do, I have tried it and it works spot on. Thanks for the great advice.
Dave
Great!  Cool

Can you send to peer from opencpn on the raspberry pi to your laptop or tablet?

Something up with my networks I think, sometimes works on the laptop, sometimes not. Can't track down the problem.  Angry

Hi Paddy,
No I can send from the tablet to the pi and to the laptop, from the laptop to the pi and the tablet but can not send from the pi to either.

On another note...... I have been reading a post you did regarding getting the route to show on multiple machines, I have managed to get the  RMB, APB & XTE data to show from the pi into the debug window on the laptop, but when I activate the route on the pi it still does not show as active on the laptop.
Should I try to set up a tcp output from the laptop to the pi and see what happens when I activate the route on the laptop and see if it appears as active on the pi.

OR am I missing something 

Hope you don't mind all the questions

Cheers
Dave
Hi again Paddy,

Just tolet you know I get a SSL error when trying to send data from the Pi to either the Laptop or Tablet, however I can send between the laptop and tablet and to the Pi but not receive from.

I would like to have this set up so when I activate a route on one system it will activate and show on all of them, is this [possible to do?

Sorry to be a pain.

Dave
(2024-08-19, 10:25 PM)KiwiDave Wrote: Hi again Paddy,

Just tolet you know I get a SSL error when trying to send data from the Pi to either the Laptop or Tablet, however I can send between the laptop and tablet and to the Pi but not receive from.

I would like to have this set up so when I activate a route on one system it will activate and show on all of them, is this [possible to do?

Sorry to be a pain.

Dave

I think you can only activate a route from inside opencpn, it's an internal thing in opencpn which will create APB & RMB nmea0183 messages. Might confuse an autopilot if these sentences are getting created many times.