This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatically restart SK server after OpenCPN loaded?
I have successfully got my setup (RPI4 with macArthur HAT) to convert incoming NMEA0183 navigation sentences (RMC from GPS) to Seatalkng by using the SK to NMEA2000 plugin. BUT it does not work when I first boot up the Pi and OpenCPN autostarts. I then have to manually go to SK and restart it. Once I do that, my data gets to my Raymarine instruments as it should.

In fact, really I need a way to automatically restart the SK server whenever there is a change of NMEA input - eg if I turn the AIS on or off, a restart is needed in order to recognise the change of inputs.

So is there a way to automatically restart SK after O has opened? Or is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Noel