This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directory from removable medium disappearing at short intervals
I have a Navtex receiver (Weather Infobox  WIB2 from Moller) that is recognized by my Raspberry Pi 4 with OpenPlotter 3 as a removable medium  The received data can be seen on a web page.

The problem: the directory WIB2 disappear from media/pi several seconds after being opened, to be again presented on the file manager with the proposal to open the directory.

Between the opening time and the disappearance I barely have the time to read one Navtex message.  

Here are the error messages I get, messages that invade the screen (staying on top of the other application windows):
- No object for D-Bus interface
- Error mounting /dev/sdb1 at media/pi/WIB2 no medium found on dev/sdb1
- Drive was removed without ejecting
Hi Sailabout,
Have you tried checking the dmesg logs to see if there are any additional error messages when the device disconnects?
My problem was solved with a better power supply.