This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
powered up no leds light
Hi

Have provided 12V and gnd to the 12v socket and not connected anything else.

Nothing lights up.

I do not have the optional power module.

AM I missing something?

MIke
If you do not have the power module you do not power the system by 12V, you need to power the Raspberry by 5V using your own 12V-5V converter.

https://macarthur-hat-documentation.read...power.html
(2024-07-08, 11:06 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If you do not have the power module you do not power the system by 12V, you need to power the Raspberry by 5V using your own 12V-5V converter.

and i am powering the RPI as always directly, i am not referring to the RPI.

I do not have the power module

I was expecting the LEDS on the Macarthur to light up to say 12v at the very least?
so if you dont have the optional power module, you just put 12v/Gnd to the power socket, no switches nothing else?
(2024-07-08, 11:06 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If you do not have the power module you do not power the system by 12V, you need to power the Raspberry by 5V using your own 12V-5V converter.

hi

the instructions are very unclear if you DONT have the optional power module.

So if you don't, can I confirm what you need to plug in as a minimum to check the board is working?

is it JUST the power lead?
The 12V LED on the MacArthur HAT will only turn on when the 12V switch is enabled, i.e. the 12V SW input is at 12V.
The 5V LED on the MacArthur HAT indicates when the (optional) power module is providing 5V. It will be off if power is provided by the Pi.

If you don't use the power module, both LEDs will stay off. The only reasons to connect 12V and 12V SW without the power module would be if you use the Seatalk or MAIANA connections. For Seatalk you need to connect GND, 12V SW, and DATA. For MAIANA you need to connect 12V, GND and 12V SW.
(2024-07-08, 06:14 PM)Adrian Wrote: The 12V LED on the MacArthur HAT will only turn on when the 12V switch is enabled, i.e. the 12V SW input is at 12V.
The 5V LED on the MacArthur HAT indicates when the (optional) power module is providing 5V. It will be off if power is provided by the Pi.

If you don't use the power module, both LEDs will stay off. The only reasons to connect 12V and 12V SW without the power module would be if you use the Seatalk or MAIANA connections. For Seatalk you need to connect GND, 12V SW, and DATA. For MAIANA you need to connect 12V, GND and 12V SW.

aha, that's great thanks, it sounds like i am worrying about nothing.