This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KIP missing "Zones"
I just performed a fresh install of the OP4 on a Pi5.  I have all working as was(MacAuthor/Maiana/EspSense) for the beta version of OP4, but I no longer have "Zones" in KIP.  I am logged in to Signal K with authentication via the KIP configuration-> settings page, b ut the top menu items are only: Signal K; General, Units, Datasets, & Storage.   Previously there was also "Zones".  See attached screenshot.

I am guessing user error, in that, I am missing a setting.  I have tried to find a fix, but I am at a loss as to getting "Zones" in KIP.  I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I thought KIP Zones were available as a default in OP3 and OP4beta.  I would greatly appreciate any help, insight, or a good documentation for KIP.   Thanks.

Paul 
S/V Johanna Rose

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank to Boating with the Baileys, I was informed of the new Zone setting in Signal K which has replaced KIP Zones.  I summarize below.

Zones are now set in the Signal K settings "Data Browser".  First one needs to turn "on" Data Browser->Meta Data.  Once "on" then Zones settings for each Signal K path item is available.  Click on the write icon to set zones and then click on the save icon to save.

The key to seeing the zone settings is having the Meta Data turned "on".