This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here
I am new to this forum. I was wondering what it would take someone like me to go from nothing to a working kicker autopilot? I am good at the physical stuff such as brackets, mounting hardware, wiring etc…I have a milking machine and a 3d printer so I can make just about any part required. I have decent knowledge of computers but suuuuuuck at programming. Is it possible for someone like myself to get an autopilot up and running. I was thinking an electrical linear actuator hooked up to my kicker. I currently have a tr-1 gold that is becoming more of a pain than an asset.

Any advice would be helpful.
This is the best place to start, lot of reading but it is worth it.: https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki
Wow! That is a lot to comprehend. I get computer basics and can manually install/wire anything on the planet. But for me to try and make sense of the software would difficult at best. Im guessing there is no where to essentially buy a plug n play software and computing part of this equation that I could hook up to my own actuators/power etc…?
(2024-05-18, 05:28 PM)Islander driver Wrote: Wow! That is a lot to comprehend. I get computer basics and can manually install/wire anything on the planet. But for me to try and make sense of the software would difficult at best. Im guessing there is no where to essentially buy a plug n play software and computing part of this equation that I could hook up to  my own actuators/power etc…?

If it's just the autopilot aspect and not navigation you might want to look at what Sean has put together.   It's set-up for someone with their own actuators.   Its good place to look if you enjoy the handy part but without programming skills.    https://pypilot.org/