This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacArthur Hat Serial Connection Question
Hi,

Can anyone help me identify what a mysterious second tty port is?

I just got a new MacArthur Hat and a new MAIANA kit.  I hooked everything up and used an Ethernet cable to connect to the MAIANA antenna to the MacArthur Hat.  When I launched the serial app and activated UART0 there were two tty devices available in the serial app, ttyAMA0 and ttyAMA10. The MAIANA kit works fine set up on ttyAMA0 and is communicating with SignalK and OpenPlotter, so no issues.  I would just like to know what the second tty port is. 

Setup:
Raspberry Pi 5
MacArthur Hat (new)
MAIANA Kit (HW 11.9.1 FW 4.4.1) connected to ttyAM0

Thanks,
Charles
[Image: wr-usb-uart-d.jpg]
I'm glad we have smart people out there!  Thank you.