This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect to OpenPlotter, KIP etc. via browser on Phone, Tablet etc.
Hi - new to all of this, so apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question, but I've scoured the Internet and haven't found an answer to this.

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 setup with OpenPlotter installed, KIP dashboard configured etc. What I want to be able to do is connect to OP, KIP etc via a browser from a tablet/phone without using a cable or the internet i.e. when I'm in proximity of the Pi (presumably using the Pi's built-in wi-fi).

I installed the headless version of OpenPlotter and have connected ok via VNC client on my phone, but I would prefer not to use VNC and just access via a web browser.

I had assumed I could just connect my phone to the Pi's wi-fi and then enter an IP address of 10.10. 10.1 and away I go, but that doesn't work.

Is this possible? and if so how?
https://guacamole.apache.org/ I've never tried it.
You. Need a VNC app on your phone. Just do a search - there are a few out there.

(There is no such thing as a su,b question)
(2024-09-09, 03:15 PM)abarrow Wrote: You. Need a VNC app on your phone. Just do a search - there are a few out there.

(There is no such thing as a su,b question)

Hi - thanks, yep already got it to work via VNC.

I think I've worked out the answer though, in terms of connecting without VNC via a web browser. I connected my phone to the OpenPlotter hotspot and then typed 10.42.0.1:3000/admin/#/login/ into the browser address bar and that gets me into SignalK, 10.42.0.1:3000/@mxtommy/kip/#/page/0 gets me into KIP etc. all with no Internet.
Great!