This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No alert sounds in opencpn 5.10 with external wav files
Hi everybody,
In OpenCPN 5.10.0 I am not able to activate external wav sound files. I searched the web and tried everything from 16bit 22050hz to a short filename. The wav files are allready in the sounds folder, but when I choose them in options/interface/soundsĀ  testing is not possible and there is only a short strange noise every 30sec. CPA/TCPA Alerts are enabled. The Rasp Pi5 is connected to a touchscreen with speakers. Sound is fine everywhere, but not in opencpn. I also changed the bell after booting the rasp pi to a wav voice soundfile and it also works fine, only external wav alerts in user interface are not working. Please help.