This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nokia 5110
Hi,

I have a problem with a Nokia 5110. When launching the program, the welcome logo is displayed for 5 seconds, then I no longer have any display. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks
After checking, I see that the LCD driver is jlx12864. How do we configure it for the Nokia 5110?
(2024-10-10, 08:17 PM)pilou50 Wrote: After checking, I see that the LCD driver is jlx12864. How do we configure it for the Nokia 5110?

Older images defaulted to the nokia, and used the jlx12864 only if detected, however the nokia5110 is a pretty unreliable screen because of the contacts and so it seems more likely users would have a jlx12864 without the eeprom working or hinting this so the the recent image defaults to it.

To enable the nokia5110 you would simply need to edit the file in /home/tc/.pypilot/hat.conf and change the driver.   You can ssh into the pi to do it.

Do you have an older pypilot with this display or are you actually putting this screen on?
I discovered the tinypilot and like never before a Nokia 5110, I wanted to test it. I should receive a jlx12864 shortly, so I will wait and not change anything for the moment. Thank you for the procedure to change the lcd driver

Phil
Hi all,
I have purchased the  JLX12864 from Alli Express and will be hopefully installing this onto the Pi Zero W ( not Pi zero 2 ) with latest TinyPylot image.

Can someone point me to the right direction for the wireing conections needed for this screen and possibly a full build manual or info if there is something available.

Thanks heaps
Dave
https://pypilot.org/schematics/pypilot_tinypilot.pdf
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot_schematics

This is not my latest hardware but sufficient for wiring the display.