This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Solutions board ?
I have learned a lot by following and searching other peoples posts on here. - Thanks to all

I've also learned a lot by looking at other forums eg NodeRed, Letscontrolit and of course good old "Google".

I know that the "Brag Board" and "How do I" forums are intended to offer a chance to share that knowledge but I wonder if it would make sense to include a slightly different structure so that in addition to being able to post a "How do I do that" question we also have a way to post "This is how I did that"

For example I am now beginning to feel that I have an OP system which works pretty well. In addition to the core OP stuff (which I dont have the skills to contribute to directly) I have configured wireless ESP8226 senders which measure battery voltages,  tank levels, and environmental  data and sends it all as MQTT over wireless NodeRed. I have done lots of reading and experimenting to get to this point (which has been fun) but I cant help but feel that if Id been able to read someones "How I did that" notes it would have helped.

I dont want to post my experiences in a Brag Board post as I dont think Im ready to "Brag" about my setup but I would happily post some notes under a topic of "Tank level measurement options" for example

Have I just got too much time on my hands or is this worth a try ?  Big Grin
Please do it and share your experience: Dont get too philosophical about the structure, Bragboard or How to - regular visitors will read both, important is that knowledge gets found and shared !!!!
brag board is "how i did that" no need to be p.c.about it. tomato tomoto..
Jim
You're right
Hey guys, it is amazing how you help each other, we will never thank you enough for keeping this forum alife.

Please affinite do it! We will learn too and we can add lot of stuff to the core.

My english is not good enough to understand differences between both forums titles but let me know what you decide.
Will do
A "Brag Board" implies that someone is showing-off hence my reluctance to "brag".
Jim and the Skipper have persuaded me not to be so thin-skinned (English expression meaning over-sensitive) so I am writing up my sensor config notes in the hope that someone trying to do the same thing can consider my solution.
Thanks for all your work at the core
Regards
affinite i had the same reluctant's to post there too , BRAG does sound arrogant to some,
but this is an international forum and the important thing is to share info..not the exact wording..
some even use google translate .
i have seen that either come out funny or start arguments on other forums
(2018-02-28, 12:00 PM)jim321 Wrote: affinite i had the same reluctant's to post there too , BRAG does sound arrogant to some,
but this is an international forum and the important thing is to share info..not the exact wording..
some even use google translate .
i have seen that either come out funny or start arguments on other forums

+1!

Sailoog - might be worth considering renaming the brag board to 'Share' or something like that? 

Might encourage more to share large and small 'how I did it' projects , python snippets could be very useful as well, or just general tips.
What about "Sharing my work" ? You native english should decide Smile
(2018-03-05, 08:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: What about "Sharing my work" ? You native english should decide Smile

Cool Cool

Small thing, but who knows, it might persuade a few more people to come forward and share their code/node-red/hardware tweaks. 
Every little helps, openplotter already has a 'community' feel to it (up to a point, you da boss   Smile ) seems wise to nurture that sharing ethos. 

"Brag Board" to "Sharing My Work" - gets my vote!