This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chart view by remote devices?
Hello folks,

is it possible to watch the chart view of Opencpn by a remote device i. E. with a tablet on the flybridge? The PI is installed at the command place in the cabin of my boat, but I want also use its function remotely on my flybridge. It's there a way, for ex. by the Openplotter Webserver, connecting from tablet or smartphone?

Thank you for hints!

Best Regards,
Werner
Hello, Werner,
Have you tried VNC?
If I understood you correctly, that's what you're looking for.
All you have to do is install VNC Viewer on your device (mobile phone or tablet).
Enter IP and password.
Then you will see the image you see on the PI.
The image and the inputs run parallel.
Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
(2018-10-21, 08:02 AM)Luckbert Wrote: Hello, Werner,
Have you tried VNC?
If I understood you correctly, that's what you're looking for.
All you have to do is install VNC Viewer on your device (mobile phone or tablet).
Enter IP and password.
Then you will see the image you see on the PI.
The image and the inputs run parallel.
Jürgen
No, I didn't yet. That's the solution, installing a VNC-App on the remote device and view the Opencpn-chart with position and AIS-Data over this app? Ok, I will try!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Werner
Would a browser based VNC client be useful for OpenPlotter users?

A Signal K plugin/webapp combo that 

- provides https://novnc.com/ web application
- proxies traffic between OpenPlotter's VNC server and the WebSocket connection needed by NoVNC

does not sound overly complex to implement.
That's a good idea.

It is definitely worth a test.
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
I installed a VNC-App on my smartphone and tried it. And voila, it works! So simple, needed just the hint how to do.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Werner