This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANable Pro Isolated USB to CAN Adapter
Sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread! I've been using the device with standard firmware, and it doesn't come up as a network device on boot on this computer. It's an Odroid XU3. I found https://github.com/mcarans/resetusb to reset a USB device by name, and then slcand is able to create a network device with it.

So to save time I have a script now as follows:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

~/resetusb/reset_usb.py search CANtact

systemctl stop kplex

slcand -o -c -f -s5 /dev/ttyACM0 can0

sleep 3

ifconfig can0 up

systemctl restart signalk

systemctl start kplex

I may get around to automating the running of the script at some point, but for now it's not that bad to run it once on boot. 

The joy of finally having data from nmea 0183 instruments on a new nmea2000 MFD!