This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting though Covid 19
Well i am stuck at home for the next little while.... I am not sick. I am wondering how every one is getting along?

Last October we had a big storm i ended sleeping in my truck all night with 50 other cars/trucks while the wind and snow raged. When i got home the next day, my yard looked like bomb exploded. I have 15 large elms on my property. Most of them had large broken branches, 12 hours later i had them cut and moved into my yard.

Well it is spring and my yard looks like a clear cut so it is time to clean them all up then break out the tree climbing gear and prune most of them.. I will have lots of fire wood and no toilet paper.
So i guess one disaster is providing a distraction and exercise from the current pandemic.
I hope every one is healthy and are finding distractions to keep busy.
(2020-04-07, 09:51 PM)ddelorme Wrote: Well i am stuck at home for the next little while.... I am not sick. I am wondering how every one is getting along?

Last October we had a big storm i ended sleeping in my truck all night with 50 other cars/trucks while the wind and snow raged. When i got home the next day, my yard looked like bomb exploded. I have 15 large elms on my property. Most of them had large broken branches, 12 hours later i had them cut and moved into my yard.

Well it is spring and my yard looks like a clear cut so it is time to clean them all up then break out the tree climbing gear and prune most of them.. I will have lots of fire wood and no toilet paper.
So i guess one disaster is providing a distraction and exercise from the current pandemic.
I hope every one is healthy and are finding distractions to keep busy.

Ciao ddelorme, here with us in Lombardia Italy is a massacre. 17000 deaths (official numbers) but for me they should be multiplied by 10, like the infected ones! Yeah, it's a treacherous, dangerous war! Luckily I had time to spend Christmas and see my grandchildren in Dubai. On my return, I placed myself in quarantine and I am still locked in the house. With all the ailments of my age it is better not to take risks! I should have already been on my small boat and finally tested by the real OP that I met last year! I doubt very much that everything will return as before but I am not going to give up. Good wind to all and see you soon, hopefully!  Ciao. Angry Big Grin
Locked at home from March 13 here in Catalonia. Healthy and working from home at o-charts and plenty of time to work on openplotter. We have friends infected but recovering and unfortunately few of them has passed but we feel optimistic now.

Hopefully we learn this time ...
(2020-04-08, 01:06 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Locked at home from March 13 here in Catalonia. Healthy and working from home at o-charts and plenty of time to work on openplotter. We have friends infected but recovering and unfortunately few of them has passed but we feel optimistic now.

Hopefully we learn this time ...

Buon vento a te Sailoog e grazie!
Meanwhile, in addition to reading, your OP_2 keeps me busy, thanks again! Smile
Here in veneto, a lot of trouble as everywhere in italy... Waiting rasp4 coming test and go back to my boat.
Now making some hard work to keep me busing.
Thankyou sailog and all the people of the openplotter project!
Buon vento a tutti.
[Image: 03a6a173462b839f0898de60abec94a1.jpg]

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Stuck at home on "recommendations" here in Mexico. Many believe the numbers are higher than the government is stating. People aren't taking it as seriously as they probably should, but non-essential businesses are shut down, beaches are closed, and I can't take the boat out sailing. Horribly, they have stopped sale of alcohol! I'm having to ration my rum and beer.

Using the time to finish up my latest OP build for the boat, and am expecting a 3D printer to be delivered today, so I'll have plenty of time to learn it!

Stay safe everyone, particularly you guys in Italy and Spain. We are all hoping you come through okay.
(2020-04-08, 06:46 PM)abarrow Wrote: Stuck at home on "recommendations" here in Mexico. Many believe the numbers are higher than the government is stating. People aren't taking it as seriously as they probably should, but non-essential businesses are shut down, beaches are closed, and I can't take the boat out sailing. Horribly, they have stopped sale of alcohol! I'm having to ration my rum and beer.

Using the time to finish up my latest OP build for the boat, and am expecting a 3D printer to be delivered today, so I'll have plenty of time to learn it!

Stay safe everyone, particularly you guys in Italy and Spain. We are all hoping you come through okay.

Well, here in Canada, everybody must stay at home, gatherings of any kind are prohibited. Steep fines ($300 - $1000) have been issued, those could go as high as $6000. It is a criminal act to not follow public health orders. Every non-essential business has been closed down. Unemployment has risen to 8%, 1M Canadians lost there jobs. Federal and provincial governments have been doing a fairly good job of putting together help packages. But it is sure that in the end, nobody will weather this without losses.

All bars and restaurants are closed of course, but alcohol and marijuana (which is entirely legal across the country) have been considered an "essential service" by health officials since the very beginning of the pandemic, so all liquor, beer, wine and cannabis stores are open. And doing brisk business. Like any other still opened business (grocery, pharmacy, hardware, etc.), security guards make sure that only very few clients are inside at any moment, everybody else queuing outside at 2 meters from each other. The running joke is that by the end of this pandemic, we will all have a clean and uncluttered house, be good cooks, have gained 20 pounds, either being divorced or having another baby on the way, and become addicted to more than Netflix.
"Overthinking, I try very hard not to do that."