This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AvNav implementation in OP2
Ok, just created a daily with some correction.
You could try an update and use the URL for the daily instead of the default url:
https://www.wellenvogel.net/software/avn...210329.zip
(2021-03-29, 12:08 PM)wellenvogel Wrote: Ok, we are getting closer...
So you seem to have a different default encoding on windows then me.

I guess I have to explicitly ensure UTF8 everywhere.
Could you maybe try to set the environment variable PYTHONUTF8=1 before you start the conversion?

Your reply came in as I was going to bed last night so I set the environment variable and checked the result this morning. All OK :Smile

I'll check your daily next and report back. 

Cheers
Chris
Hi, Sorry about the delay. The daily worked as advertised Smile

Another query. Where is the CSS that sets the AIS vessel name font, color, etc.?

Any plans to add tracks for AIS targets?

Cheers
Chris
Good to know it works now...
For the AIS stuff:
No CSS at all for that.
Color can be adapted in settings (font size too). You can also use own symbols - see https://www.wellenvogel.net/software/avn...ml?lang=en

Tracks for AIS targets are not on the list right now - maybe you could open an issue at GitHub for that. If there is some demand I could implement it.
Simple solution is some tracking in the browser only - but this most probably is not enough - so the effort would be slightly bigger.
(2021-04-03, 01:32 PM)wellenvogel Wrote: Good to know it works now...
For the AIS stuff:
No CSS at all for that.
Color can be adapted in settings (font size too). You can also use own symbols - see https://www.wellenvogel.net/software/avn...ml?lang=en

Tracks for AIS targets are not on the list right now - maybe you could open an issue at GitHub for that. If there is some demand I could implement it.
Simple solution is some tracking in the browser only - but this most probably is not enough - so the effort would be slightly bigger.

I had found the colour settings for the AIS targets, and the font size but no setting for font-colour. 

The AIS target name currently has a white stroke with a black fill for the characters ( I think that is probably how it is defined) and I would like to be able to define a solid font colour i.e. fill and stroke the same. 

I'll have to do a GIT clone and look into it I guess Smile

Cheers
Chris
Unfortunately you are right - for now you cannot modify the text style any further.
Maybe you could create a GitHub issue - most probably no to complex to implement.
If you are willing to provide a PR for it ... Smile
The code is in viewer/map/aislayer.js.
(2021-04-06, 08:48 AM)wellenvogel Wrote: Unfortunately you are right - for now you cannot modify the text style any further.
Maybe you could create a GitHub issue - most probably no to complex to implement.
If you are willing to provide a PR for it ... Smile
The code is in viewer/map/aislayer.js.

Thanks; I'll have a look and see what I can do. My JS is very rusty. I'm better in python Smile
Hi,

I already posted this in CruisersForum, buth that thread seems to be inactive, so I'll post here as well.
I have been trying out AvNav for the last week. I currently use OpenCPN on a headless Raspberry Pi with OpenPlotter, controlled on an Android tablet via VNC. This works fine, but the (non-touch) VNC interface is far from intuitive.

AvNav offers a solution to this problem, so seems worth looking into. So far, I have run into two problems:

-On a smartphone screen, when viewing a map, most of the buttons on the right side of the screen ave no symbol on them, they're empty. This does not happen in e.g. the server setting page, only in map view.

-I used to let OpenCPN semd RMB and RMC to my Nasa GPS Repeater in the cockpit (Via SignalK). This works fine. When I want to do the same with AvNav, this works OK for RMB but RMC seems to create a feedback loop somewhere, and I can't find out where. In SignalK I see one delta/s when I let AvNav send RMB only, but when I add RMC, this goes to 200+ instead of 2. Any tips as to how the feedback loop might be avoided?

Apart from this I must say that the interface looks amazing, and it's very intuitive. One of my main reasons for looking into other navigation software is that I want something that I can explain to a guest or passenger in a few minutes, and in this regard AvNav scores a lot better than the OpenCPN/VNC combi. Many thanks for investing what must be an enormous amount of time in developing this!
Hi,

I already posted this on Cruisersforum, but I think that thread is inactive, so I'll try it here as well.
I have been trying out AvNav for the last week. I currently use OpenCPN on a headless Raspberry Pi with OpenPlotter, controlled on an Android tablet via VNC. This works fine, but the (non-touch) VNC interface is far from intuitive.

AvNav offers a solution to this problem, so seems worth looking into. So far, I have run into two problems:

-On a smartphone screen, when viewing a map, most of the buttons on the right side of the screen have no symbol on them, they're empty. This does not happen in e.g. the server setting page, only in map view.

-I used to let OpenCPN semd RMB and RMC to my Nasa GPS Repeater in the cockpit (Via SignalK). This works fine. When I want to do the same with AvNav, this works OK for RMB but RMC seems to create a feedback loop somewhere, and I cant find out where. In SignalK I see one delta/s when I let AvNav send RMB only, but when I add RMC, this goes to 200+ instead of 2. Any tips as to how the feedback loop might be avoided?

Apart from this I must say that the interface looks amazing, and it's very intuitive. One of my main reasons for looking into other navigation software is that I want something that I can explain to a guest or passenger in a few minutes, and in this regard AvNav scores a lot better than the OpenCPN/VNC combi. Many thanks for investing what must be an enormous amount of time in developing this!
I already answered in Cruiserforum...
So maybe it is a good idea to continue there as it is not related to OpenPlotter - right?
Would potentially confuse people a bit.
I'm really optimistic for finding a solution  Smile