This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1W support openplotter 2
I understand that the package for 1W is not yet finished but is there a way to already use 1w sensors on openplotter 2?

What's the estimate for the first versjon of 1w package? Smile
(2020-06-04, 01:52 AM)pabben Wrote: I understand that the package for 1W is not yet finished but is there a way to already use 1w sensors on openplotter 2?

There is an SignalK Plugin for this, Raspberry one wire.
you also have to enable OneWire in raspi-config.

good luck.
(2020-06-04, 01:52 AM)pabben Wrote: I understand that the package for 1W is not yet finished but is there a way to already use 1w sensors on openplotter 2?

We have hesitated to make an 1w app for openplotter because the SK plugin does the work perfectly but finally we have decided to go on with the openplotter-1w app ASAP (I know ASAP is not a date Big Grin )
i am using the sk app it seems to work but the interface is a bit clumsy.
What we will do soon is an app "openplotter-gpio" with these features:

- Digital sensors (switches, digital sensors...)
- 1W
- Seatalk 1
- Pulse sensors
(2020-06-05, 06:39 PM)Sailoog Wrote: What we will do soon is an app "openplotter-gpio" with these features:

- 1W
- Seatalk 1
- Pulse sensors

Seatalk 1 with no other hardware?
(2020-06-05, 09:19 PM)Techstyle Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 06:39 PM)Sailoog Wrote: What we will do soon is an app "openplotter-gpio" with these features:

- 1W
- Seatalk 1
- Pulse sensors

Seatalk 1 with no other hardware?

Yeah, well just an optocoupler like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32719957788.html
Here you find information for bitbanging seatalk1... ;-)

https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/Seatalk1-Raspi-reader
(2020-06-04, 08:19 AM)holgerw Wrote: There is an SignalK Plugin for this, Raspberry one wire.

good luck.

I would love more information, or steps, on the process to use SK for 1w sensors. If someone would provide that I'd greatly appreciate it.  For example, when you mention a SK plugin do you mean something other than the SK items that show up in the OP menu? I am still learning all of this, mostly by trial and error, a slow process, on a RPi3b running OP2.

Thanks. Tom
[attachment=986 Wrote:tjmack pid='14321' dateline='1592047484']
(2020-06-04, 08:19 AM)holgerw Wrote: There is an SignalK Plugin for this, Raspberry one wire.

good luck.

I would love more information, or steps, on the process to use SK for 1w sensors. If someone would provide that I'd greatly appreciate it.  For example, when you mention a SK plugin do you mean something other than the SK items that show up in the OP menu? I am still learning all of this, mostly by trial and error, a slow process, on a RPi3b running OP2.

Thanks. Tom

You need to go to the Appstore in SK server > Available > signalk-raspberry-pi-1wire > click on the cloud on the RHS to download.
When it is downloaded it will be in the Installed section in the Appstore - see pics

Attached Files Image(s)