This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot route plugin
APR enabled ? Do you mean APB?

The plugin crashing does not deactivate the AP, this would be the actual autopilot restarting. Any chance you can look at the pypilot log file to find out why?

I will experiment with what you claimed crashed in the next few days as I test the new beta image of pypilot.
(2020-07-25, 02:09 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: APR enabled ?   Do you mean APB?

The plugin crashing does not deactivate the AP, this would be the actual autopilot restarting.   Any chance you can look at the pypilot log file to find out why?

I will experiment with what you claimed crashed in the next few days as I test the new beta image of pypilot.

APR auto pilot route plugin. 
I will try to look at the log. But I think I already posted it a few weeks back?
Just to let you guys know, I have properly configured the built-in route feature of OpenCPN and had a successful test yesterday. I am now ready to test the autopilot route plugin again. I had to do the first test to know if the basics are all working, so now I can go work on more advances routes and tests. If you need any, let me know.
(2020-07-25, 02:09 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: APR enabled ?   Do you mean APB?

The plugin crashing does not deactivate the AP, this would be the actual autopilot restarting.   Any chance you can look at the pypilot log file to find out why?

APR = auto pilot route plugin

Here is the log, It doesn't say much... but the same thing happens every time I switch from compass mode to gps mode in the pypilot pluggin.
The plugin goes from a connected state to a disconnected state, and then a few moments pass and it changes back to a connected state but in compass mode.
Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ journalctl -u pypilot.service
-- Logs begin at Thu 2020-07-30 09:12:01 EDT, end at Thu 2020-07-30 09:25:59 EDT. --
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[542]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pi
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[570]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[542]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[570]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[542]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:12:07 openplotter sudo[570]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:12:08 openplotter sudo[670]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:12:08 openplotter sudo[670]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:12:08 openplotter sudo[670]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:13:36 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=13/PIPE
Jul 30 09:13:36 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Succeeded.
Jul 30 09:13:38 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
Jul 30 09:13:38 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Jul 30 09:13:38 openplotter systemd[1]: Stopped pypilot.
Jul 30 09:13:38 openplotter systemd[1]: Started pypilot.
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1333]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pi
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1335]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1333]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1333]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1335]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1335]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1348]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1348]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:13:39 openplotter sudo[1348]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:25:55 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=13/PIPE
Jul 30 09:25:55 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Succeeded.
Jul 30 09:25:57 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.
Jul 30 09:25:57 openplotter systemd[1]: pypilot.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
Jul 30 09:25:57 openplotter systemd[1]: Stopped pypilot.
Jul 30 09:25:57 openplotter systemd[1]: Started pypilot.
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2172]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pi
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2174]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2172]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2172]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2174]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2174]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2187]:       pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/.pypilot ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chrt -pf
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2187]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Jul 30 09:25:58 openplotter sudo[2187]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
lines 1-40
hmm... that isn't the real log of pypilot, it is being suppressed somewhere.
(2020-07-30, 05:58 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: hmm... that isn't the real log of pypilot, it is being suppressed somewhere.

Not that I am aware of? I have never made any changes that would cause suppression, Although just today after I posted that log, I changed the journalctl settings to be persistent so I can save multiple boot files. 

I had 3 instances yesterday where AP was disengaged while I was not paying attention and I wanted to review what happened... but without persistent logs set all that data is gone.
(2020-07-30, 05:58 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: hmm... that isn't the real log of pypilot, it is being suppressed somewhere.

Hey Sean

So interesting thing... I decided to build a second version of OP2 using the IMU I purchased from you and a usb GPS receiver I have... 

the IMU seems defective, it will not calibrate at all... even after push the boat is level button the boat just keeps rotating about wildly... but that is not the point of the post... the point is, I was able to configure OP2 to use the usb GPS and the pypilot plugin is working fine in gps mode. So I wonder if there is a problem with the data coming from the Moitessier hat? or if Pypilot has an issue with the GPS data from the Moitessier hat, or if I just have it configured incorrectly? Do I need to make a special entry in SK in order for pypilot to use the gps data from the moitessier hat?
Which IMU is rotating wildly? Sometimes you can reset the imu to fix this. The next version of pypilot automatically resets the sensors if it detects this state (usually the fifo is out of sync)

You don't need to use signalk at all to use the gps of the moitessier hat. There are several ways of routing the data.
(2020-07-31, 06:40 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Which IMU is rotating wildly?   Sometimes you can reset the imu to fix this.   The next version of pypilot automatically resets the sensors if it detects this state (usually the fifo is out of sync)

You don't need to use signalk at all to use the gps of the moitessier hat.   There are several ways of routing the data.

Okay fixed the imu problem, turns out I had the I2C senors installed incorrectly. I configured the BME at address 68 instead of the other one in the pull down... sure wish there was a clear how to on this stuff. Would save everyone a lot of time and effort...

Anyhow, the new build #2 on my RP13B with the IMU i purchased from you (Sean) and a GlobalSat USB GPS puck is up and running, I can switch the mode in the pyplilot plugin from GPS to Compass and back and I do not lose connection. 
Time to try it on the water....

The other build #1 with the Moitessier Hat still will not allow me to switch between compass mode and GPS mode, I have disabled GNSS in the Moitessier hat settings panel and installed and configured the GPS packages for the USB GPS puck. I get GPS data in openCPN but pypilot disconnects when ever I switch from compass mode to gps mode in the pypilot plugin.

any ideas on how to fix build #1 would be great, I am not sure how to get the logs you are asking for. it is connected via teamviewer to my lan so if you want to take a look?
(2020-07-31, 06:40 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Which IMU is rotating wildly?   Sometimes you can reset the imu to fix this.   The next version of pypilot automatically resets the sensors if it detects this state (usually the fifo is out of sync)

You don't need to use signalk at all to use the gps of the moitessier hat.   There are several ways of routing the data.

Okay, I was unable to get the motor controller working with that build #2... so I decided to try build #2 SSD in build #1... I had to manually install the Moitessier Hat app using the settings app. 
And its working... I can now select GPS or Compass mode in the pypilot pluging. 

Build #1 was built using the Moitessier Hat .img... built #2 was using the starting .img so I wonder if there is a problem with that image?

I attempted build #1 several times with the Moitessierhat.img with the same outcome each time... no gps mode in pypilot, as soon as I use the starting.img the problem is solved... can't be a coincidence..