This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADS1115 setup
Hello,

I just connected an ADS1115 to my raspberry with Openplotter (moitessier hat edition), but I really don't know how to start to configure it? I juste connected a thermistor on the ADC to do some tests.
I tried to launch I2C app, but nothing about the ADS1115. 

I didn't find any documentation explaining step by step how to make it work...

Searching on the forum, I understand that I probably have to edit a file, but which one? 

If someone can help me!

Thank you!

Nicolas
After lot of research. Is the ADS1115 is yet compatible with RPi4 and OP2 ?

Nicolas
ADS1115 is the next in the TODO list
(2020-09-14, 06:48 PM)Sailoog Wrote: ADS1115 is the next in the TODO list

I do it remotely, using an ESP32 and send the signal over wifi to the OpenPlotter. 

Using the ADS1115 or any of the other I2C or SPI ADCs are straightforward using the ESP32.

You can take a look at this page :   https://sites.google.com/site/olewsaa/ya...all-sensor

Using wireless you also get perfect isolation of your computer setup, no stray current, common noise etc. 

Ole
new sensors added: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3055
Hello!
Openplotter 2 is great but I am stuck with the ADS1115 setup.
I tried to connect an expansion with 3 ADS1115 that I used with the previous version of openplotter but with the current one I am not able to make some inputs work.
Eg how can this configuration of openplotter_analog.conf be set up with Openplotter 2

PHP Code:
[ADS1115_0]
active 1
gain 
samples 
ohmmeter 
fixed_resistor 
high_voltage 
voltage_divider 
upper_resistance 
lower_resistance 
adjust 
adjust_points 
= [[00], [100000.0100.0]]
sk_name electrical.batteries.rpi3V.voltage 
With a little bit of testing and thanks to the raw mode you get to understand the operation a little but it seems that the setting with gain = 0 is not supported, if you set this the strings disappear, is it wanted or is it a bug?
Now ok, the "gain" table is not the same as the previous version but we have to take that of adafruit:

[Image: sensors_ads1015_pga_range.jpg?1549409927]