This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drive questions.
(2022-03-31, 10:12 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: For a version without the mpc1416 gate driver, check the schematic:

https://pypilot.org/schematics/wp_controller.pdf

This is exactly what I did for my little board.
It works fine with Andreas' ino on his Andreas board schematic using engage_led pin = 7, but it doesn't work with your latest motor .ino sketch on pin 11.
I don't know why? i used pi zero w v2 with the last Selian img

So I use Andreas' sketch on pin 7. I validated today the amperage of the solenoid valve and it's ok. If I connect the solenoid valve directly to 12volt I measure 1.22 amp. and the specifications are 1.24 amp max. Then I measured 1.21 amp with my mosfet and the solenoid valve works, it closes the bypass well and I even put a lot of pressure on the cylinder and it holds. It should do the job as we say here in Quebec. 

Thanks a lot Sean for all you do for the open source community.
Pierre 
well.. 1.2 amps is quite a draw. Normally it would use this much for 300ms or so, then after drop to .4 or .5 amps maybe even less is possible.