This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updated pypilot beta image
https://pypilot.org/images/tinypilot_2020_10_11.img.xz

I hope this fixes the wifi menu issues.  Feedback greatly appreciated.
awesome I will test it in the morning!'
I tested the image on a Pi3B+ - hang on boot, with low power flash icon.
I tried it on a Pi2B V1.1, boots, but with errors. 
Also tested the Pi2 with 2 different WiFi dongles, same problem.
My SD card is a Samsung EVO 32 GB.

What hardware is supported ?
Does the older tinypilot image work on the same hardware?

It should support pi 0, 1, 2, 3

What errors? Can you md5sum the extracted image?
I tested this the image this morning, works great, was able to turn off wifi on OP2 and reset back to AP using the remote.... was a bit sluggish responding once it lost wifi due to me turning off the wifi on OP2 but it eventually responded.
I did notice the old text, " no wifi connection" still appeared at the top of the screen but under the menu items, when it lost wifi connection. Not sure if that is by design or not?
I like that I can switch between AP and client instead of hitting the defaults button but maybe that is crowding the screen? Maybe rename defaults to wifi defaults and move it to the first menu where there is more room?
If you select defaults it should reset everything to recover if you lose wifi. If you select ap/client it should toggle between AP and client mode.

The "no connection" is displayed at the very top of the screen as an indicator, not sure the best way to show it.

I'm more interested in actual autopilot performance than the wifi settings...
(2020-10-12, 11:55 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: If you select defaults it should reset everything to recover if you lose wifi.   If you select ap/client it should toggle between AP and client mode.

The "no connection" is displayed at the very top of the screen as an indicator, not sure the best way to show it.

I'm more interested in actual autopilot performance than the wifi settings...

I'm going out on Wednesday weather permitting. I will give you any feedback afterward, once again I misunderstood. I thought the wifi thing was what you needed feed back on...
Hi Sean,

I've tested your last 2020_10_11.img.xz with pi zero.
With my android tablet, once connected to pypilot, I could not access the 194.168.4.1 site.
I tried with my PC and there no problem to connect to the SSID pypilot with the web application and change the SSID and the password.
Once the new SSID is entered, I no longer have any connection problems with the tablet. The connection is fast. Y have no problem with OpenCpn 5.2.

Thanks Sean
Hi Sean thanks for al your efforts!
I see some improvements but have some issues:
When i hit my starboard 1 button connected to gpio22 the engage led wil turn on but nothing else happens!
When i hit the starboard 1 button in the browser the actuator does move!
In LCD setup it shows key: gpio22 and action: starboard1 when I hit the button
I see that the engange led will turn on as long it is set in servo.period but this has no influence on the starboard1 button in the browser? 
Same with port 1 button.
On older images it worked fine.
I'm assuming starboard10 is the same? Thanks for reporting this.