This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New I2C sensors supported
(2020-12-17, 10:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2020-12-17, 07:52 AM)olewsaa Wrote: I would also like to enable support for the older bmp180, while it show up at 0x77 there is no menu entry for bmp180 and hence it does not work, e.g. no data. 
While it's possible to upgrade to bmp280 it would be great if the support for bmp180 could be enabled again, my bmp180 sits on a hat and the module is not plugable.

Ole

Do you have any python3 script for the bmp180 we can use?

I'm sorry, when I tested and used BMP180  I cheated and just used the Adafruit_BMP library.
import Adafruit_BMP.BMP085 as BMP085
sensor = BMP085.BMP085()
and to print out  :
print('Pressure = {0:0.2f} Pa'.format(sensor.read_pressure()))

As the cost of a bmp280 is very small upgrading to the 280 is not really an issue.  I think this is the best solution, extra work to replace the module is my problem.
Hello,
My i2C network:
- BME280
- ADS1115
- HTU21D
- MPU9250

Everything works fine except the HTU21D.
With I2C 2.2.1, I add the HTU21D and it works fine but after a few seconds it doesn't work in OpenCPN. With I2C, I select it again, do Edit, then Ok, it works again and after a few seconds it doesn't work again.
The problem is constant...
I have a DHT11 sensor, which has similar functionality to the BME280. It seems that the BME280 is native i2C and SPI communication protocol and also easy to purchase, which I have done, since it is already supported. 
Q1: is the DHT11 not supported because its communication protocol is one-wire?
Q2: The BME680 sensor looks really cool and having a carbon monoxide, VOC, etc. monitoring capability would be beneficial. might this be a good candidate for an additional sensor in I2C?
Thank you again for the great program, always grateful!
Is there a HOWTO for writing sensor drivers? I'm wondering how to get the sensors on the WaveShare Sense Hat (B) working:

ADS1015: 4 channel ADC Device address:0x48 (may already work - testing to see if I can configure it.
ICM-20948: 9DOF sensor  Device address:0x68
LPS22HB: Barometric pressure sensor Device address:0x5C
SHTC3: Temprature & Humidity sensor  Device address:0x70
TC34725: Color sensor  Device address:0x29 (not sure if this is useful, but it is on the board)

WaveShare Wiki page https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Sense_HAT_(B)
(2020-12-28, 07:43 PM)Romarin Wrote: Hello,
My i2C network:
- BME280
- ADS1115
- HTU21D
- MPU9250

Everything works fine except the HTU21D.
With I2C 2.2.1, I add the HTU21D and it works fine but after a few seconds it doesn't work in OpenCPN. With I2C, I select it again, do Edit, then Ok, it works again and after a few seconds it doesn't work again.
The problem is constant...

that sounds like a hardware problem to me. We will add more debug options in next version to help to identify problems.
(2021-02-24, 09:07 PM)Ski_Entropy Wrote: I have a DHT11 sensor, which has similar functionality to the BME280. It seems that the BME280 is native i2C and SPI communication protocol and also easy to purchase, which I have done, since it is already supported. 
Q1: is the DHT11 not supported because its communication protocol is one-wire?
Q2: The BME680 sensor looks really cool and having a carbon monoxide, VOC, etc. monitoring capability would be beneficial. might this be a good candidate for an additional sensor in I2C?
Thank you again for the great program, always grateful!

Q1: yes, this is the list of 1W sensors supported by openplotter-gpio app:

• DS18S20
  • DS1822
  • DS18B20
  • DS28EA00
  • DS1825/MAX31850K
Q2: BME680 support will be added on next openplotter-i2c version
(2021-03-02, 11:08 PM)DcnPat Wrote: Is there a HOWTO for writing sensor drivers? I'm wondering how to get the sensors on the WaveShare Sense Hat (B) working:

ADS1015: 4 channel ADC Device address:0x48 (may already work - testing to see if I can configure it.
ICM-20948: 9DOF sensor  Device address:0x68
LPS22HB: Barometric pressure sensor Device address:0x5C
SHTC3: Temprature & Humidity sensor  Device address:0x70
TC34725: Color sensor  Device address:0x29 (not sure if this is useful, but it is on the board)

WaveShare Wiki page https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Sense_HAT_(B)

Currently there is not any HOWTO to write sensors drivers. We use adafruit drivers/libraries, so you only need enough python3 skills to implement them into openplotter-12c app following the example of any library already implemented. If an adafruit library exists for a sensor we could add it easily on request.

ICM-20948: already supported on next openplotter-pypilot app version.
LPS22HB: no plans to add this but there is an available library.
SHTC3: no plans to add this but there is an available library.
TC34725: no plans to add this.

The openplotter-i2c app needs to be adapted to new versions of Signal K and will be partially rewritten soon. If anyone wants to add any sensors, please contact us to coordinate.
(2021-03-03, 01:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote: ICM-20948: already supported on next openplotter-pypilot app version.
LPS22HB: no plans to add this but there is an available library.
SHTC3: no plans to add this but there is an available library.
TC34725: no plans to add this.

The openplotter-i2c app needs to be adapted to new versions of Signal K and will be partially rewritten soon. If anyone wants to add any sensors, please contact us to coordinate.

There is a Python3 library for the BMP180 at https://github.com/Kampi/BMP-Sensors. Is this any help for having that sensor integrated? Seems there is some demand.
I have Openplotter.I2C.BME280 (I2C sensor) mapped to environment.inside.relativeHumidity.   Signal K's data browser shows 33.5 as the ratio - but the sensor is reporting percentage.  When I view instrument panel it of course multiplies by 100 and shows me 3340%.   Is there a way to divide the sensor's raw data by 100 at source so that Signal K has the proper ratio?
Would like to get instrument panel to show 33.5% which is what is correct for humidity.

Cheers,  Adam
Rasberry Pi4, Openplotter, Signal K, etc.

I have been testing out the Adafruit INA260 sensor with Openplotter to show my house battery voltage.  I cannot get the path to appear in the Signal K data browser.   It shows as setup properly in the I2C sensors area with the correct ID (40) and path - electrical.batteries.1.voltage.  I essentially set it up in a similar way as my BME280 sensor which works great.   I thought maybe the sensor was faulty so I bought a second one and it still doesn't work.  I don't know of an easy alternative way to see sensor data (outside of SignalK).   It seems like a driver issue but I'm not technical enough to dive deep under the hood.  If someone out there is technical and can dig into this, I'll send you a sensor for free.