This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1Wire, SignalK and KIP
I set up two 1Wire temperature sensors and directly to the GPIO pins of the Pi4.  I have signalk-raspberry-pi-1wire module installed and get data, but then after a while, or at least, every so often, I get some strange results.  in the example attached, Signal K shows the sensors are working fine but in KIP one of them shows as NaN (not a number).  later the sensors were showing as 'null' in Signal K and in the plugin.  has anybody else seen this issue?  I wonder if the resistor between 3.3v and the GPIO pin is failing or something?

thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

After some research, I noticed the interval time (refresh time) of the 1Wire sensors was varying by over 300ms. I wondered if the voltage to the sensors was dropping too low. I looked online and saw that the sensor can handle up to 5.5v, so I moved the supply from 3.3v to 5v and this stopped the sensors from disappearing in Signal K but didn’t stop the issue with KIP. Within KiP, I found that if I use historical data sets and averages then the data is available, but most of the time the sensor gauge is not available.