This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
LCD Display
(2020-11-25, 05:12 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I believe it's pin 9 of the arduino on the hat, so it's not controlled by the pi directly.

For an LED, you can do this with either pi or arduino but it's not implemented in the code directly at this time.

https://pypilot.org/schematics/pypilot_tinypilot.pdf

WOW - New schematic? 
Forgive my ignorance but it seems you are now connecting the TinyPilot to Nmea by hardwired header?
it is possible now, yes but this has not been extensively tested and the voltage is still 3v3. I would use https://pypilot.org/schematics/rs422isolator.pdf this to connect actual nmea equipment to provide the isolation and protection
(2020-11-17, 09:05 PM)Andreas29 Wrote: Now I make the final Version 3 with an optional I2C-Extender cause the I2C Bus is not for distance longer then 50 cm. With luck (and a good network cable) you get 2 meters. I´m a friend of setting the IMU in his own housing.

Hi,

What microcircuits do you use for this?
I checked the extension cord on P82B96 today.
Wire length 12m. Works good.

Attached Files Image(s)

.pdf   I2C.pdf (Size: 28.09 KB / Downloads: 241)
.pdf   P82B96.pdf (Size: 476.52 KB / Downloads: 233)
Hi,

sorry for the late response, my computers OS (W10) decided to die last weekend amd I had a lot to do to try to reanimate it and finally I lost it. R.I.P.

With a fresh and clean W10 installation I spend my time to bring my programs back.

I use the P82B715. The circuit is nearlly the same as yours except the diodes.

It works with an IMU that I had here. With three new ones I bought from China it works not. But I didn´t invetigate yet if this is a problem of the I2C extender or a problem of the IMU-modules itself.

I don´t now witch bus speed is used by the program (100 khz or 400 khz). Maybe Sean can say something about that.

Best Regards

Andreas
it is probably 100khz, the program doesn't set it if I recall, it's set in the kernel parameters and 100khz is probably the default

Maybe you can run the i2c slower, but I think it must be at least 20khz, maybe 40khz if that would help extend range
Hi Sean,

the extender can handle the "normal" bus speed up to 100 kHz. So this is not the problem. I asked about the bus speed cause I2C allows a "fast" mode up to 400 kHz. This is too fast for the P82B715.
So bus speed is not my problem with the non working IMUs. I didn´t belive that this is the problem cause I have a working IMU with my extender circuit.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas
I'm pretty sure it's 100khz, but to be sure you could use a scope or logic analyzer. It is normally set in the /boot/config.txt where you can also change it.
Hi,

it was a problem with the IMUs. I tested now three other ones I ordered from an other source and they work as aspected. So the I2C extender I used can handle the bus speed and with the right IMUs there is then no problem :-)

Best regards

Andreas

Hi guys,

I am starting to build my autopilot.

I have these two screens around.
 I have conected one of them straight forward, following the schematic for the Nokia display, but doesnt work on tinypilot.
Is it posible to use them? 

reagrds
you would have to write a driver for it