This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK-Plugin-Feature request
Hi,
i'm not sure if this is the right forum, pls. give hint where to post else....

I like the Sinal K delta (data) Logger very much, but:

is it possible to have a white-list and/or black-list of signal pathes to be logged?

currently a logfile is about 500MB / hour - in compressed format - in my environment.....

I'm only interested in Position, COG, SOG, and a few other environmental values.
king regards Erwin
(2020-11-19, 02:30 PM)erwinm Wrote: Hi,
i'm not sure if this is the right forum, pls. give hint where to post else....

I like the Sinal K delta (data) Logger very much, but:

is it possible to have a white-list and/or black-list of signal pathes to be logged?

currently a logfile is about 500MB / hour - in compressed format - in my environment.....

I'm only interested in Position, COG, SOG, and a few other environmental values.
king regards Erwin

Have you tried logging to influxdb? Very powerful viewing capabilities with chronograf or grafana. You can black of white list what gets saved and set the database up to just save for a time you tell it to or forever. 
So much better than just a text file ?
Plugin code is usually hosted on Github and that’s the best place to place feature requests. In this case https://github.com/mairas/signalk-data-logger/issues.
Hi Gentlemen,

thanks for yr. answers,
i think i should explain in more detail....
my use case is just as a backup, when i have no connection to "land" (which happened this year for a few hours.... Angry ).
What i do is sending Position, SOG, COG,... via MQTT-plugin to a public MQTT broker, and from home- environment connect encrypted to this broker (via MQTT-bridge at home) and get the data (close to realtime) into my home SQL-server. With that approach i dont need to open any TCP-ports in my router.

so i need the stored data only in case of network-failure.
i could probably try to hack into MQTT plugin, but thats not the way i prefer.
Influx-db seems to me overkill for that purpose. I'll try the Github way, although this is not an issue.
kind regards & thanks erwin