This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot zeroconf signalk causes crashing
I converted my whole setup to the latest and greatest {openplotter, tinypilot} images, and I'm really glad I went through it for all the enhancements and as it all seems to work together smootly.

However, the pypilot (tinypilot) seems to arrive in a circle of crash-restart after it has connected with signalk through zeroconf (see attached). I can work around this by deleting the device authorization in signalk again, but then it generates a lot of verbosity in the log files. Once it would work, can I then drop the tcp/20220 connection from opencpn for good?

Thx, -

Attached Files
.docx   signal-k-pypilot.docx (Size: 95.1 KB / Downloads: 159)
(2020-12-29, 07:50 PM)ironman Wrote: I converted my whole setup to the latest and greatest {openplotter, tinypilot} images, and I'm really glad I went through it for all the enhancements and as it all seems to work together smootly.

However, the pypilot (tinypilot) seems to arrive in a circle of crash-restart after it has connected with signalk through zeroconf (see attached). I can work around this by deleting the device authorization in signalk again, but then it generates a lot of verbosity in the log files. Once it would work, can I then drop the tcp/20220 connection from opencpn for good?

Thx, -
Hi Ironman
I had the same problem .... reported it here

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3086

First it happend after updating from SignalK 1.35 to 1.36 ... 

Now i.am at signalk 1.37 ad I dont use signalk to connect to the tinypilot

So my work arround: TCP/2020 NMEA conection in signal k and leave the SignalK access request unaprooved ...

Otherways I always loose the server connection and the tinypilots stops working and disengages. compleetly.

So now if there woul be an TcP data loss there would still be the compass mode working .

Hope there is a solution.
Save sailing
Andreas
Thanks for the cross-reference; I guess I didn't search first  Confused .