This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Securing Node-RED
Hello, 

I am trying to secure Node-RED following this: https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runt...g-node-red
But no success for now... The ":3000/plugins/signalk-node-red/redAdmin" is still not protected.

I tried to edit the settings file found at /home/pi/.signalk/node_modules/node-red/settings.js but I have the feeling this is not the file used by integrated Node-RED. It seems to be ignored.

There is a different settings file for the integrated Node-RED?

Running latest SK and updated OP

Thanks,
Seb
- SV Haimana
Same question, you've found it already? I'm still looking. Also found this helpful tool this locates the settings file from node-red debug message. But, it says not found: https://github.com/cflurin/node-red-cont...D-settings
it seems i asked the wrong question Smile
the node-red seems to be accessible only by admin type users, same for admin and ui (dashboard) area

so, first time you have to log in in signalk as admin and only after that node-red is accessible
the problem, now, is with the ui area, which cannot be accessed by other users type but admins

i also tried to have a standalone node-red installation, beside signalk, not through signalk's node-red plugin
it's not working, there are some conflicts but my knowledge is not enough to fix it
the single way i could have node-red and signalk on the same machine was the signalk's plugin but this one seems to change some things in node-red's installation (ports? paths? unfortunately I cannot handle...)
- SV Haimana