This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Introducing the new MacArthur HAT
(2021-08-06, 05:27 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Sorry for the delay, the sailing season is on and we also need our salt dose Smile

We changed the manufacturer because the old one was always short of components, we made some changes and we sent new prototipes to the new manufacturer last week. Everyone is on vacation so it will take 4 weeks Sad

It is hard to give a date for the the first batch, hopefully all is working properly on these prototypes.

Yes, we will publish the diagram and pcb layout. You will not need any software or driver for this HAT, you will need just OpenPlotter settings which is fully open-source as you know.

Many thanks for the update. Will you be taking pre-orders?

Paul
Yes, we will but only after we know everything is working right. thanks.
Release early ... release often ...
(2021-02-19, 06:54 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Again the available space and the price makes difficult isolation.
Obviously isolation is always better but we do not think it is a critical point if all devices share the same power source.
If I were worried about isolation I would buy an isolated USB converter like the Canable and I could use it in my Raspberry and in my laptop safely (different power source).

Will the board have the same accessories as the moitessier hat, like gps, baro sensor, compass foe 0183 or will we need to mount them externally or use the moitessier hat that is no longer available?? Sorry! Total newbie here, love the idea of this system tho.
I'm waiting with baited breath for this also....I'm just starting to put my system together and this would be a godsend....
Many thanks,

Rick
Looking forward to seeing this come to fruition and thx for all the effort. Put me on a pre-order list when ready, love to add this to my setup.

Mark
Any word yet on when the MacArthur hat will be released? Thank you
Well done!

I really would appreciate this product and certainly order at least one

(Trying to be supportive here) Smile

/M
Hi, first of all sorry for the silence but other projects are consuming a lot of time right now.

Bad news and good news.

We have not found an affordable manufacturer yet. We are getting more than 100 euros (+VAT for EU) for the final price and that is really expensive. As a buyer I would not pay that price for this product at all. The global shortage of components are making this really difficult. You have to redo design every time you send a prototype to a different manufacturer to adapt it to the available components and the prices are not the same as before the covid. I think this project should wait for better times.

The good news is that we have been working on some alternative products containing some of the features of this board and much more. This new project has been conceived taking into account the current situation and is much more modular than this HAT, the components are abundant and the price is lower. More info soon.
(2021-11-03, 09:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Hi, first of all sorry for the silence but other projects are consuming a lot of time right now.

Bad news and good news.

We have not found an affordable manufacturer yet. We are getting more than 100 euros (+VAT for EU) for the final price and that is really expensive. As a buyer I would not pay that price for this product at all. The global shortage of components are making this really difficult. You have to redo design every time you send a prototype to a different manufacturer to adapt it to the available components and the prices are not the same as before the covid. I think this project should wait for better times.

The good news is that we have been working on some alternative products containing some of the features of this board and much more. This new project has been conceived taking into account the current situation and is much more modular than this HAT, the components are abundant and the price is lower.  More info soon.

I just want to say: thank you so much for all your hard work on OpenPlotter.

For those of you who want to support the effort: 
   https://openmarine.net/openplotter
you will find a link to buy Sailoog a coffee or a beer:
  https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_s-xc...source=url