This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BME680 Reading is Celsius but default unit is Kelvin
Strange issue with my i2c BME680 sensor; I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this in signal K.  Since the sensor did not show up the sensor list in the openplotter sensor list, I used the signalk plugin @oehoe83/signalk-raspberry-pi-bme680.  It reads the data from temp/humidity/pressure (no gas reading which the sensor is capable of but of minor importance to me).  The default unit signalK assumes it's getting from the sensor is K (kelvin) but the numeric reading in the data field is actually C (Celsius).  This is creating havoc as when KIP or others try to do the conversion it assume the number is in K and given some incorrect negative value.  Has anyone else come across this?