This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting orientation of tillerpilot
I have come to the point where my tiller pilot actuator has come alive and behaves more or less as expected when testing at home. But it seems to think it is fitted on the port side and I'm going to have it on starboard side. Is there a setting for this or will it find out by itself. Sorry for very basic question, probably. Did some googling though.
you may end up having to reverse the wires going to the motor depending or make servo.gain negative, but easier you just switch the two motor wires.
(2021-04-24, 05:37 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: you may end up having to reverse the wires going to the motor depending or make servo.gain negative, but easier you just switch the two motor wires.

Thanks, I did that now, and it works (of course). 

Another question, I have both an LSM9DS1 IMU and a couple of 9250. Do you have any recommendation which I should go for in the installation I do in my boat? And for what reasons?

Best regards,

Mårten / Guttagrynna
The 9250 is better because it uses a fifo with 100 samples per second and averages them down to get lower noise.

The lsm9ds1 should work ok too, but although better compass, worse gyro (probably because of not averaging) and so maybe it works worse. Even better is you try both and let us know, but a complete re-calibration would be needed when switching the sensors and by then the wind could change and invalidate the test...
I will probably begin with the 9250 then. I might try both and in that case I will report back. However I have at least one month until launch time. Northerly latitudes and change of engine are main reasons for late launch.