This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP Starter - Download Issues
That is the download site I have been using.
The download seems to go quite well taking about 15 mins
I extract all and that seem to go well except the files don't show in the extract destination just the one file with the same name as the Zip file without zip
I then double click on that file to see if it opens to the files and I get a 'files are corrupted' box
I have tried shutting down the antivirus but same thing.
I tried downloading' not unzipping but selecting as custom os in imager. It writes, varifies but does nothing in the Pi. When I try to examine the SD card the boot in /D is fine but the files in /E are not recognised 'check the files are not corrupted'.
(2021-10-12, 01:39 PM)bosun Wrote: That is the download site I have been using.
The download seems to go quite well taking about 15 mins
I extract all and that seem to go well except the files don't show in the extract destination just the one file with the same name as the Zip file without zip
I then double click on that file to see if it opens to the files and I get a 'files are corrupted' box
I have tried shutting down the antivirus but same thing.
I tried downloading' not unzipping but selecting as custom os in imager. It writes, varifies but does nothing in the Pi. When I try to examine the SD card the boot in /D is fine but the files in /E are not recognised 'check the files are not corrupted'.

That sounds fine, after unzipping you should have an *****.img file which windows can't open. 

[Image: 9KWWg9W.png]
If you burn this .img file onto an SD card then the /d/boot folder will be accessible but E won't open, windows doesn't recognize the file structure. If you have got that far then put the card in the Pi & turn on, it should boot up but can take a while first time, should be text on the monitor almost straight away though.
Hi Paddy
I am encouraged by your reply but get nothing from the pi
The red light comes on when I power up the the green for just a blink then no more green
The screen is bright and stays bright but no text.
(2021-10-12, 06:34 PM)bosun Wrote: I am encouraged by your reply but get nothing from the pi

Are you using the Raspberry Pi Imager to install the file on the SD card? Check out these instructions if you haven't already:  https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...installing 

Ben
Hi Ben
Thanks for your reply. Yes that is exactly how I'm doing it.
I have just started again from the beginning.
Format sd, Downloaded, unzipped, copied to imager as custom os, write to sd. remove when told
put into pi, plug in power, red light comes on, green blinks a few times. Then nothing just red light

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid which is why I started again from the beginning, just can't figure out what.
When you power up the Pi the green light should flash a code if something's wrong. Count the flashes (and whether they are short or long flashes) then look up what that means. The steady red light means the Pi is getting enough power.
https://raspberrytips.com/green-and-red-...pberry-pi/
(2021-10-12, 06:34 PM)bosun Wrote: Hi Paddy
I am encouraged by your reply but get nothing from the pi
The red light comes on when I power up the the green for just a blink then no more green
The screen is bright and stays bright but no text.

You could try the standard raspberry pi OS, see if that boots up. Or maybe a different SD card as well. Is it a good power supply into the Pi? Power problems are common. 

[Image: HfAIi2T.png]
Thanks for the reply and link Ben
interesting reading
I have....... 1 short a flutter then 1 short and 1 long
no actual results in the link but definitely an indication something is messed up
Going to try a different sd card and start again from scratch
(2021-10-13, 09:53 AM)PaddyB Wrote: You could try the standard raspberry pi OS, see if that boots up. Or maybe a different SD card as well. Is it a good power supply into the Pi? Power problems are common. 

Thanks for that. I have tried a different SD card. Same thing. As you say next step is to try the standard OS to check the Pi is ok

No probs with the power supply, directly connected to a dedicated mains adapter.
I'm sure you guys are fed up with this by now.
Tried Raspberry Lite, Same thing with a change, green flashing for about 10secs nothing for 7 or 8 secs 13 quick flashes, then same gap same flashes then nothing, Red continuous throughout except for one very brief off just after starting. nothing on the screen. Seems it is trying to do something.
Could be my computer is not writing correctly. Or something wrong with the Pi. Going to try writing on a friends computer using a different Provider. Have stripped the Pi down, out of the box, screen off, fan off, same thing.