This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Py Zero 2 W is Out!
I think that might be because my image does not have the usb-serial kernel drivers downloaded (because they weren't available when I build the image, but they are now).

Please try:
- ssh tc@192.168.14.1 (or whatever IP address the pi has)
- type 'tce-load -wi usb-serial-5.10.77-piCore-v7'

Alternatively, you can also download the archive from here http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/usb-...ore-v7.tcz and copy it on the sdcard in the /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ folder. Then reboot.
Assuming there should be a /dev/ttyS0 or something, I guess it either isn't recognized or not probed.

autopilot start 36544.288639548
ERROR loading wind.py cannot import name 'HeadingOffset' from partially initialized module 'pypilot.autopilot' (most likely due to a circular import) (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py) cannot import name 'HeadingOffset' from partially initialized module 'pypilot.autopilot' (most likely due to a circular import) (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py)
imu process 8444
made imu process realtime
Using settings file RTIMULib.ini
Settings file RTIMULib.ini loaded
Failed to open SPI bus 0, select 0
Using fusion algorithm Kalman STATE4
ERROR: No IMU Detected 36544.620881266
nmea process 8448
listening on port 20220 for nmea connections
loading servo calibration /home/tc/.pypilot/servocalibration
WARNING: using default servo calibration!!
gps process 8450
Available Pilots: ['simple', 'basic', 'absolute']
warning: failed to open special file /dev/watchdog0 for writing
cannot stroke the watchdog
pypilotServer process 8451
autopilot init complete 36544.671227829
server setup has 5 pipes
servo probe ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) 36544.680946787
imu rate set to rate 20
server add socket ('127.0.0.1', 36006)
setting initial gyro bias [-0.098, 0.156, 0.108]
imu rate set to rate 20
server, remove socket ('127.0.0.1', 36006)
server add socket ('127.0.0.1', 36008)
server, remove socket ('127.0.0.1', 36008)
server add socket ('192.168.1.59', 43464)
server add socket ('127.0.0.1', 36010)
gpsd connected
server add socket ('127.0.0.1', 36014)
GPSD devices []
servo probe ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) 36550.04357116
server/client is running too _slowly_ 0.3301712500033318
signalk process 8449
signalkread token
signalk zeroconf service add Samsung C1860 Series (.................)._http._tcp.local. _http._tcp.local.
calibration loaded, starting 8443
server/client is running too _slowly_ 0.04710072900343221
servo probe ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) 36554.223276107
servo probe ('/dev/ttyAMA0', 38400) 36559.387161678

I'm testing at home, so I took some parts home with me, but not the motor controller. If you're wondering, the samsung is my printer ;-)
(2021-12-15, 10:09 PM)stelian Wrote: I think that might be because my image does not have the usb-serial kernel drivers downloaded (because they weren't available when I build the image, but they are now).

Please try:
- ssh tc@192.168.14.1 (or whatever IP address the pi has)
- type 'tce-load -wi usb-serial-5.10.77-piCore-v7'

Alternatively, you can also download the archive from here http://tinycorelinux.net/13.x/armv7/usb-...ore-v7.tcz and copy it on the sdcard in the /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/ folder. Then reboot.

Hi Stelian,

I tried the first option first, but then the whole system became unstable (I might have accidentally copied the " ' " at the end Blush ), so I reimaged and tried the second option. Actually, the IMU is found correctly now, but still no luck on the weather sensor. I'll try further tomorrow, since it's late here.

Thanks for your patience and help so far, I really appreciate it!
Hans
Hi Stelian,

I am back at the boat testing, and apparently the Weather Sensor isn't recognised by any raspberry, so I ordered a new cable, in the hope that that's the issue. I'll keep you posted!

Regards and have a nice weekend,
Hans
Hi Hans,

I think you need two cables: a standard USB-A to mini USB, and a micro USB OTG cable, something like:
https://www.amazon.fr/AmazonBasics-C%C3%...B00NH11N5A
https://www.amazon.fr/Rankie-Adaptateur-...00YOX4JU6/
(just an example)

Can you please post the output of 'dmesg' command after having connected the weather sensor ? (over a ssh connection).
Hi Stelian,

Fortunately, with a borrowed cable, it works. I used to work on my boat, but probably by taking it home the cable got bad. Now with a new cable it works. Since it's really bad weather in The Netherlands, I haven't tried it out on the water yet, but the pi zero 2 is really fast and all systems work again.

Thanks for the great work!

Kind regards,
Hans
(2021-12-19, 04:40 PM)hans-martijn Wrote: Fortunately, with a borrowed cable, it works. I used to work on my boat, but probably by taking it home the cable got bad. Now with a new cable it works. Since it's really bad weather in The Netherlands, I haven't tried it out on the water yet, but the pi zero 2 is really fast and all systems work again.

Great news !

I'm still interested in the 'dmesg' output and maybe a picture of your cable, just in case the same issue pops again here.
Hi Stellian, 
almost everything works, at least here at home, what I do not understand as an incompetent because it works with the windows 11 browser and not with the Crome. And therefore even with rasberry it is not possible to regulate.

With the image of Sean it works on all platforms.  Cool Huh

With the OpenCPN plugin it works with both Windows and Rasberry 4.

See: [Image: qFIovMa.jpg]
Hi Max and Stelian,

I’m sorry Stelian, I haven’t been to my boat yet, so that’s why I haven’t gotten the dmesg yet. The cable is an Amazon basics cable, with usb-a to mini-usb. I’ll make a picture soon.

I’m not sure what doesn’t work for you Max. With OpenCPN and the pypilot plug-in I can manage the tinypilot without any problem?
(2022-01-01, 02:29 PM)hans-martijn Wrote: Hi Max and Stelian,

I’m sorry Stelian, I haven’t been to my boat yet, so that’s why I haven’t gotten the dmesg yet. The cable is an Amazon basics cable, with usb-a to mini-usb. I’ll make a picture soon.

I’m not sure what doesn’t work for you Max. With OpenCPN and the pypilot plug-in I can manage the tinypilot without any problem?

Ciao @Stellian and @ hans-martijn, happy new year and good wind of course. 
Maybe it's all right now. I attach photos and dmesg. 
The whole thing also runs on Rasberry 4 with Sean's tynipilot and your image (on the old Pi Zero wh). 
I also try with the new PI 2 w (but I must have badly soldered some header pins) 
Now I have to concentrate on the remote control.

http://i.imgur.com/dWiVZYy.png

Attached Files
.txt   Dmesg-stellian.txt (Size: 33.94 KB / Downloads: 138)