This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to connect xbox controller by bluetooth
I have tried all the tutorials I can find (eg https://howchoo.com/pi/xbox-controller-raspberry-pi for connecting my new X-box One wireless controller but cannot get it to work. Please help!
If I connect it by USB cable I can get as far as the jstest and I see the data changing when I press buttons or move joystick. But then when I try to do 
Code:
sudo xboxdrv --detach-kernel-driver --silent --mouse
[size=undefined]
 I get a 'no xbox found' error.[/size]

When I try to connect by bluetooth, the Pi says it is connected, but the button on the controller just keeps flashing, and the jstest command shows no changes. If I press the small button on the front of the controller, then it flashes even faster.
I have tried connecting both by terminal command line (SSH from powershell on my laptop) and by GUI (USB wireless keyboard) but no joy (I am using the openplotter desktop - everything updated to the latest).
Obviously what I am wanting is for the Pi to boot up, and then to automatically connect, by bluetooth, when I press the top button on the controller.
Totally stuck, please can someone walk through how to fix this? I am guessing I maybe need to undo some steps? I did try the 'remove [MAC address]' and retry but that didn't work.