This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine Autopilot...
I have just discovered after my laptop crashed and having to use an old OS with earlier version that it all works on Opencpn V5.2.4. so I need to investigate what was changed.
Richard
(2022-06-22, 03:42 PM)Ratsea Wrote: I have just discovered after my laptop crashed and having to use an old OS with earlier version that it all works on Opencpn V5.2.4. so I need to investigate what was changed.
Richard

There is a bug in  OPN 5.6

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13...65606.html
Hi there,
I've been successfully getting ST1 data using the opto coupler as show in the RO picture attached and now have stepped it up a gear to try and get the Raymarine autopilot plugin working with my ST6002. I have a DTech USB RS422 adapter and I'm hoping it's as simple as wiring as shown in the the second (RW) picture. Am I on the right track or am I dreaming?

Cheers,

Pi 4B, OP2, Victron USB, USB GPS and Waveshare CANHAT

Attached Files Image(s)

I am confused as to where the output comes from that you want to input to the ST6002. The diagram seem to show the output coming from the SeaTalk port and is lead into the NMEA In port. St1 and NMEA 0183 are completely different protocols.
I generate an Autopilot output in OpenCPN and input it to the SmartPilot NMEA In (Other Intruments).
How did you see the ST1 data?
Richard
(2022-07-28, 02:48 PM)Ratsea Wrote: I am confused as to where the output comes from that you want to input to the ST6002. The diagram seem to show the output coming from the SeaTalk port and is lead into the NMEA In port. St1 and NMEA 0183 are completely different protocols.
I generate an Autopilot output in OpenCPN and input it to the SmartPilot NMEA In (Other Intruments).
How did you see the ST1 data?
Richard

Current configuration (RO) is like this (298) Connect Seatalk-1 devices to Openplotter using GPIO - YouTube and in my pic I forgot the resistor that is on the ground line. I can see steering.autopilot.state, steering.autopilot.target.headingMagnetic and steering.rudderAngle

All I'd really like to achieve is be able to use the autopilot plugin and be able to turn Auto on and off and steer left/right by 1 or 10 degrees.
That will never work, as Ratsea said, ST1 and NMEA 0183 are totally different protocols in hardware and software.

The only way of getting ST1 data is the opto method described here. It is only output, not input.

The ST1 signal k feature is broken for Debian bullseye because it is written in python2 and it is no longer supported in bullseye. I have to fix that but I have not time: https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-server/pull/1455
(2022-04-28, 03:58 PM)SCarns Wrote: I did, yes, and it was almost embarrassingly simple.

Obviously I created the OpenCPN UDP connection in SK. I also had the Autopilot Control plugin installed in SK. That had it's output port set to "seatalkOut."

In the OpenCPN connection, I set input event to "seatalkOut" and viola! Data gets sent straight to the autopilot. That's the part I was missing. Keeps it super easy, rather than trying to create a separate connection/routing in NMEA0183 to NMEA0183 plugin, as OpenCPN only sends the necessary data to begin with.

However, I wasn't seeing all the data I wanted, such as TTG & VMG in my WilhelmSK app for navigating. Inside Derived Data, I turned on a bunch of other sentences that helped solve that problem for display, without mucking up my autopilot output.

Could you share a screenshot of your OpenCPN UDP connection in SignalK?