This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch GPIO pins from remote?
Hi!
Is it possible to switch GPIO pins through a GSM firefall from remote?

Martin
you will need to forward ports thru your router or firewall.1880 &1883 for nodered mqtt.. 3389 for remote desktop.5900 for vnc.
then use a dns server for a static dns, duckdns is what i use.
then you can use nodered mqtt to switch whatever..

jim
Hi Jim,
I can't forward ports through the GSM net.
I thought that could work cloud based, in the same manner as sending data to cloudmqtt, but "backwards".
I hoped OP can receive MQTT topics from cloudmqtt and trigger actions with them.

Martin
You can install a vpn server BTW a client. I use softether for this. I guess somewhere in my blog I did write an instruction. Maybe more easy it's to install Neorouter. My difficulty with open plotter is that it's only available as nobs installation because I prefer to setup at my raspberry ford the hard rock solid incredible pbx as security Base the security layers are under supervision of thousands of users and compqanies. In this way I can call for free worldwide and have a fax at my boat also. I run the raspberry with vnc and no monitor so only devices that using a Portknockie and vpn an other layers are allowed.

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23005

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
I've just set up a little nore-red flow with mqtt input node attached to an rpi gpio output node. Send "1" to the topic using cloudmqtt on the Web and the pin turns on, send "0" to turn it off again. Very simple flow.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk