This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot for Dummies -The Uninitiated
Code is below.

I have the hat (with IMU) on a Rasberry Pi 3b+ with a mouse and keboard attached via usb. I also connected the motor controller in case it was needed to recognize an Arduino. However, I don't think the controller is Arduino based. That it for hardware. I only have open plotter with pypilot running. I do have the Nokia display.

The scrolling is kind of like the analog TV days when the frames would sometimes scroll on the screen. I don't know if you are old enough to remember that. The displayed info WAS (I don't get anything after rebooting and running the scripts below) moving from bottom to top with broken up text. Periodically it would stop and look normal for a minute. Maybe it is something to do with the refresh rate or something similar.

I don't think the pulled version installed correctly.

pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_hat
falling back to python nonblocking socket, will consume more cpu cannot import name 'linebuffer' from 'pypilot.linebuffer' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.31-py3.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/linebuffer/__init__.py)
have gpio for raspberry pi
loading config file: /home/pi/.pypilot/hat.conf
failed to load /proc/device-tree/hat/custom_0 : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/device-tree/hat/custom_0'
pypilot failed to import required modules. Did you forget to run sudo python3 setup.py install?
pi@openplotter:~ $ ps aux | grep python
pi 101 3.4 3.4 51112 32264 ? Ssl 11:06 0:05 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/pypilot_web 8080
pi 471 1.4 1.6 23396 15180 ? Ss 11:06 0:02 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/openplotter-pypilot-read
pi 970 1.1 2.9 46328 27744 ? S 11:06 0:01 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/share/system-config-printer/applet.py
pi 996 1.4 1.7 24644 16104 ? S 11:06 0:01 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/openplotter-notifications-read
pi 2107 84.0 1.5 22788 14636 ? Rs 11:08 0:00 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/pypilot
pi 2109 0.0 0.0 7348 536 pts/0 S+ 11:08 0:00 grep --color=auto python
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo service pypilot_hat stop
Failed to stop pypilot_hat.service: Unit pypilot_hat.service not loaded.
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo service pypilot stop
pi@openplotter:~ $ sudo pypilot_hat nokia5110
falling back to python nonblocking socket, will consume more cpu cannot import name 'linebuffer' from 'pypilot.linebuffer' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pypilot-0.31-py3.7-linux-armv7l.egg/pypilot/linebuffer/__init__.py)
loading config file: /root/.pypilot/hat.conf
failed to load /proc/device-tree/hat/custom_0 : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/device-tree/hat/custom_0'
pypilot failed to import required modules. Did you forget to run sudo python3 setup.py install?
pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_hat
loading config file: /home/pi/.pypilot/hat.conf
pi@openplotter:~ $ pypilot_client ap.version
failed to connect to False
pi@openplotter:~ $

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pypilot for Dummies -The Uninitiated - by SVHM - 2021-09-11, 04:31 PM