This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi4 not talking to arduino motor driver
Thanks Ironman. When I was refering to "standalone" pypilot I meant openplotter pypilot (stand alone from opencpn). 

Setting the port number I mentioned previously was just a trial, it didn't work so I set it back to default. 

That was a good pickup, no I did not start from an openplotter image. I used the OpenPlotterSettings deb package, this was because my original install was to be "Bullseye" but I ended up back with "Buster". Anyway since you mentioned it I thought, why not try an image all set up, (ha ha). So I downloaded the "Moitessa Hat" version (the only one that mentions PyPilot) and put it on a card. It uses ... have you guessed it? yes pypilot v0.16! This works for openplotter pypilot and the web page, but the plugin is not installed in opencpn. I installed the plugin in opencpn, but cannot get it to connect to pypilot. I have set up NMEA tcp 20220 receive & send (remember this is v0.16) and signalk on port 3000, all on 127.0.0.1, but still no joy.

I see on your post #12 and in the wiki that opencpn plugin won't work with v0.16, yet that is the version that the current opencpn plugin installs! So does that mean opencpn's current plugin is not functional?

Could you give me quick summary of the ports pypilot uses to talk (in and out) to signalk and opencpn please. I assume signalk only needs to talk to opencpn in sigk format on port 3000?

If I forget about opencpn, I can use pypilot to follow compass, gps XTE but not to follow waypoints, is that correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPi4 not talking to arduino motor driver - by MacleayIslandBruce - 2021-12-09, 06:41 AM