This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
open plotter on Pi zero W
As far as I know, Raspian directly supports the Raspery zero W. Although slower than a pi 3, it seems odd that OpenPlotter should not run on the pi zero W. It would be nice to be able to build a distributed system where a pi zero W could be used to run one or more sensors in one area of the boat without running anything but power (readily available in many cases) to it. Sensor output could be run wireless to the main OpenPlotter computer.
I don't know what the real-life limits are on 1W runs or I2C runs but a larger boat might exceed the run lengths and a remote system would be quite helpful. Of course throwing a bit more money at it in the form of a pi 3 will also do the trick Smile

Messages In This Thread
open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sprokkie - 2017-05-12, 08:36 AM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sailoog - 2017-05-12, 05:00 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by tocan - 2017-05-12, 07:28 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by seandepagnier - 2017-06-18, 02:19 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by kabudu - 2018-02-07, 03:39 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by seandepagnier - 2018-02-07, 06:17 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by JD1 - 2017-07-07, 08:42 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by Sailoog - 2017-07-08, 11:25 PM
RE: open plotter on Pi zero W - by JD1 - 2017-07-09, 12:03 AM