This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise filters
Hello,

the Pololu switcher does not have any input input filter to suppress differential mode noise.

This means you have to add it to your board design to be sure the switcher and the RPi noise does not
interfere with other instruments (radio, AIS, weather receiver) on your boat.

As far as i can see on your schematics you have no ferrite beads, no differential or common mode
filters, absolute nothing to suppress noise. At least you should have pads to add it if you find out
that you got problems with noise.

A simple way is to use power modules with proper design and a filter that is recommended for it.
For example from Wuerth Electronic. They offer a filter kit for every switcher module.

You can buy them directly from Wuerth and most of the times they are charging sample prices for
these small batches you are buying. And they offer a free of charge CE precompliance test of your
pcb! You really should consider that.

https://www.we-online.com/en/components/products/pm

Another way is to send the schematic to them and they suggest the parts with values and order numbers.
And of course you get the samples for free.

I am working with them for about 20 years and they are really nice and help you out if you are not
sure how to design switchers and filters to pass all the regulatory CE tests.

If you want i can do this for you. Wuerth Electronic is a big sponsor of our Maker-Space in Munich.

Best regards
Chris

Messages In This Thread
Noise filters - by BellaX - 2023-03-26, 11:36 AM
RE: Noise filters - by Sailoog - 2023-03-28, 11:10 AM