This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk
Make sure you have pigpio installed and running.

You might find some inspiration here https://github.com/marcobergman/seatalk_convert, if only for the electrical hints, as I am a bit weary of many of the interfaces I see recommended. Don't understand why you have 2 opto-couplers, as you can tie seatalk-1 lines together?

On one hand, this python script can read seatalk from any GPIO and makes NMEA sentences from it. I built this because I have no signalk on the raspberry that my seatalk instruments are connected to. It does not do depths (I have depth from a nmea0183 source) but if you send me your example seatalk datagrams I'll see what I can do.

On the other hand, the SignalK interface does indeed seem to have the depth datagram (00) already implemented. As for the autohelm datagrams, you have to be more specific.

Cheers, -

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk - by AmzingNimble - 2023-03-31, 11:03 PM
RE: Seatalk - by ironman - 2023-04-01, 11:43 AM
RE: Seatalk - by Techstyle - 2023-04-03, 05:17 AM
RE: Seatalk - by PaddyB - 2023-04-03, 05:29 AM