This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAN connection not showing in SignalK (Extended CAN Frame support issue?)
I've reached out to REC BMS - they clarify that their "CAN" output
Quote:"sends 11-bit VICTRON CAN BMS protocol. It is not NMEA 2000 compatible. You can use Cerbo GX for NMEA integration"

Sounds like I was just confused about the possible ways to get CAN and NMEA 2000 into the data stream. I thought I could just use the CAN hat, but I think that gives me reason enough to look at getting a Cerbo - sounds like that may do some necessary additional converting of data. Hopefully that update you mentioned clears up some of the un-parsed data.

I've also checked with canboatĀ - they confirmed that they do not support and do not plan to support the different protocol. There's now an issue on Github requesting they block the other messages.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAN connection not showing in SignalK (Extended CAN Frame support issue?) - by grazzam - 2023-04-18, 09:31 PM