This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simrad RF300 Rudder feedback unit
Huild a waterprroof housing for it olger,

Tks for your reply, I have made a rudder indicator using a pot but it was not so successful, the pot was electrically very noisy and having to build a waterproof housing for it added to the complications. The lazerette where the rudder shaft is located is a pretty damp place. I was hoping to use the RF300 as the electronic components are already in a suitable housing built to withstand harsh conditions, I thought initially the RF300 was basically a pot but it only has 2 wires and a screen coming out of it and no matter what combination of wire I used I cannot detect a changing resistance. Some more investigation into the RF300 suggests that there is a frequency generator inside it and the frequency changes in accordance with the Rudder position. The base or set frequency corresponds with the mid position of the sensor and the frequency changes either up or down based on the position of the indicator arm, Ideally I would like to use it in the manner it was designed for but I need an internal wiring diagram or even better a circuit diagram that I could use to achieve my aims, If you have any more information on how I can use it I would well appreciate it if you could share it with me, thanks again for your reply. Regards Graham

Messages In This Thread
Simrad RF300 Rudder feedback unit - by weegiemann - 2023-05-08, 08:23 PM
RE: Simrad RF300 Rudder feedback unit - by weegiemann - 2023-05-09, 09:59 PM