This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0.
Hi,
spent a good chunk of time today going over things. fortunately about 10C cooler in the boat.  yesterday, I put my original setup chip back in the Pi. Good thing I had two backups, one is completely screwed up. Got a feeling the Pi got too hot on one of the hot days.
got too hot and had to leave it. could not get it working. when I removed the opencpn connection and replaced it, in case the chip was damaged, I forgot to put in local host. when I added a connection it put in 0.0.0.0 added that today first attempt but no n2k network data.
 that chip was working fine when I put it away a few weeks ago.

next step is to take a laptop with actisense nema reader on it to the boat and check if the network is sending data. I know it was the other day when i checked the maretron dms250 and then the chartplotter.

there were a couple of thunderstorms go through in the last couple of days.  perhaps the N2K network terminal resistor went. It has happened before.
Alan

the attachment contains various steps and results I tried.
.docx   openplotter july 21 2023.docx (Size: 685.08 KB / Downloads: 93)

Messages In This Thread
RE: updates and update of serial 3.3 and serialk server 2.0. - by amckeown - 2023-07-22, 03:23 AM