This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C ADS1015 settings not working
I've done some more testing with the ADS1015 connected to an ESP32 and it does indeed output values of 0-32767. however I can see that it is incrementing in 16 bit steps instead of single bit steps. So in terms of resolution it is a 12 bit device (correct for the ADS1015) but for some reason it seems to be masquerading as the higher resolution ADS1115.

That being the case if you want to use it in Openplotter I think the first option in my post above is the way to go. There is some tomfoolery going on with these chips but it isn't surprising these days. You might want to get an ADS1115 unless you need the higher sampling rate of the ADS1015.

At least I understand what is going on now. Very interesting problem.

But as I say, not an Openplotter problem.

Messages In This Thread
I2C ADS1015 settings not working - by ragbagger - 2023-08-27, 01:26 AM
RE: I2C ADS1015 settings not working - by baltika_no_9 - 2023-10-04, 06:12 PM