This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromium very slow, Firefox OK
(2024-02-04, 12:24 PM)MarineW29 Wrote: - How to open Firefox instead of Chromimum by clicking the "Web browser" or "Signal K" buttons in the top toolbar of OpenPlotter ?

Just add the Firefox icon to the Application launch bar and delete the Chromium one.

Right click on the task bar
Select Add/Remove Panel Items
Select Application Launch Bar
Select Preferences
Fro the right hand panel select Internet>Firefox ESR and click Add
Move it up or down as you wish

While you are there you can select the Chromium icon if you like and press delete

I never use the Signalk icon in the taskbar so I've deleted that too. Instead I have it bookmarked in Firefox (localhost:3000/admin/#/dashboard) and select it from there. However if you want to retain and use the signalk icon in the task bar and make it open Firefox you can do this:

Start>Preferences>Main Menu Editor
In the LH panel select Openplotter
In the RH panel select SignalK
Clickl Properties
Delete the text in the Command box and replace it with:

Code:
/usr/lib/firefox-esr/firefox-esr  http://localhost:3000

Note that if you do it this way it is possible that future updates to Openplotter will overwrite it. That's why I bookmark it in Firefox.

Messages In This Thread
Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by MarineW29 - 2024-02-04, 12:24 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by PaddyB - 2024-02-04, 06:56 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by MarineW29 - 2024-02-04, 08:22 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by PaddyB - 2024-02-04, 09:23 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by baltika_no_9 - 2024-02-05, 02:20 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by MarineW29 - 2024-02-05, 09:58 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by SVKitten - 2024-02-05, 11:44 PM
RE: Chromium very slow, Firefox OK - by MarineW29 - 2024-02-06, 12:46 AM