This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot steals serial GPS from signalk
I tend to think it is best to let gpsd handle the gps and signalk or pypilot to get gps from that, but.. we probably should make it easier for users to completely disable gpsd and eliminate it's presence because that is also a valid configuration and frustrating to achieve.

Consider for example some buggy gps that gpsd has issues dealing with but wont let go of, but the nmea output is "good enough"

Finally, ideally openplotter script that does disable any gps would detect if it is in binary mode and use gpsctl -f -n on the device to ensure it can be used as gpsd does often put these devices in binary mode and the gps will remember this even if unplugged or not powered.

So I guess what I am saying is some sort of gui to allow users to specify what process directly manages the gps, what do you think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pypilot steals serial GPS from signalk - by seandepagnier - 2024-04-04, 05:24 AM