This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Pypilot motor controller with MacArthur HAT
(2024-05-07, 07:12 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Ops, I am surprised you made that work because these NMEA 0183 connectors were not designed for use with no NMEA devices. The Pypilot controller is not NMEA, it is UART and will only work correctly connected to Raspberry UART interfaces. I think your system is only working in one direction right now.

When we designed the MacArthur HAT, we thought that the pypilot controller would be fine to connect directly to the unused Raspberry UART interfaces via the GPIO header, but the pins are too short so we will have to find a solution.

Ok so if I understand correctly it should be connected blue data wire to pin 8 (GPIO14) and green data wire pin 10 (GPIO15) and then still red and black wires to the 3v and gnd of 1 wire port? or are there spots on the GPIO header for the power and ground as well?

If this is the proper way but the pins are too short how would you recommend I connect my motor controller to the setup? Is some sort of serial adapter to USB an option? If so what would you recommend? I have a long trip coming up and need to make sure I can get this working! 

Appreciate all the support Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setup Pypilot motor controller with MacArthur HAT - by braydengirard - 2024-05-07, 07:23 PM