This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect multiple devices to openplotter Wi-Fi?
Here is my experience of USB WiFi dongles that work with Pi, Plug and Play:

Some caveats:
1. I've only tested a handful of devices so the list is far from exhaustive, there are hundreds out there I have not tried.
2. When I say that a dongle "works" I simply mean that if you stick it in the Pi it is detected and operates as expected with no configuration required.
3. When I say "does not work" then it is not Plug and Play. I am not saying it cannot or never will work in the Pi, just that it needs some additional work such as loading drivers etc. There are guides which promise to explain how to make some of these work but I have not tried then and because I have a number of dongles that are fine I am not interested in messing about. With these it is always possible that future updates to the system will require the device to be set up again.

Ralink RT5370 works, I have used several different dongles with this chipset and they all work perfectly
Ralink MT7601U works (e.g. Dynamode wireless N 150Mbps adapter WL-700N-RXS-S) https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/networking/...19493.html
Realtek RTL8188CUS works, eg Edimax N150 V1 see next line for the V2

Realtek RTL8188EUS does not work, eg Edimax N150 V2 **UPDATED VERSION** Featuring new generation of N150 Wi-Fi 4 adapter powered by RTL8188EUS.
Realtek RTL8188ETV does not work
Realtek RTL8188FTV does not work
Realtek RTL8812BU does not work (Based on your experience not mine, I don't have one to try.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to connect multiple devices to openplotter Wi-Fi? - by baltika_no_9 - 2024-06-05, 02:55 PM