This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk input, MacArthur HAT and rpi5. Options?
Hey GuteLappen, it's good that you replied to this post. I haven't posted an update since my last message because there are basically no news. I thought I'd have time to work on it, but I have a newborn baby that I completely underestimated on how much it will suck my free time. But I do have some winter plans on that subject.

My boat is currently on the hard for repairs and it will spend the whole winter out, so plenty of time for some projects! I am thinking of adding some 4G/5G connectivity, which if that is the case then I can give access to sailoog (or other party that knows what they are doing) to use my boat, with the Raymarine ON and connected to the seatalk input, as a testing platform. I will send an update when that happens.

Furthermore, I am also in the same level as you that I don't want to get an external converter and also don't want to buy a rpi4 just for this issue. But I thought of getting the yakbitz converter since it's cheap to use UNTIL it's fixed. Probably will do that if it's not fixed by April next year.
Van de Stadt - Spirit 28

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seatalk input, MacArthur HAT and rpi5. Options? - by gpatsiaouras - 2024-08-20, 03:29 PM