This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to connect to Home Assistant using MQTT or NMEA
My pypilot is up and working. I would like top be able to bring it into home assistant.

This should be possible but I am struggling.

First, I tried getting it to communicate via mqtt. I have a server setup. First I ssh into the pypilot and ran:
nano ~/.pipilot/settings/.json

In that document I entered

{
"mqtt_server": "192.168.x.xxx", (my HA ip)
"mqtt_port": 1883,
"mqtt_user": "(my user name)",
"mqtt_password": "(my pass)"
}

I rebooted pilot but nothing came over mqtt.

I then tried another approach. I tried connecting over nmea. At the bottom of the configuration page of pypilot I put in the box 192.168.X.XXX:10110 (my HA) and this entry persists so I assume it is in effect.

I installed an integration in HA that listens for Nmea data but it gets none. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRW9AfD03fg). It asked for the IP of the pypilot and the port, 10110.

HA sees no NMEA data.

How can I get pypilot to converse with Home Assistant?

Messages In This Thread
Trying to connect to Home Assistant using MQTT or NMEA - by hopkinslaw - 2024-10-06, 12:41 AM